Thank you to Couple Travel Tales for nominating us for our second ever Liebster Award! We are extremely honored to have been nominated for this award, which is given to up and coming blogs/bloggers to support and encourage them to keep going. This is an award for bloggers by bloggers!
Couple Travel Tales is a lovely travel blog ran by Achu and Unni who love learning about history and culture. They then write about their travel adventures in an attempt to inspire others to travel as well. In reading their blog, one quickly learns how they value the expanded perspective that traveling gives a person about our world and the inhabitants with whom we share it.
Be sure to follow the rules for participating in the Liebster Award!
- Link to The Global Aussie in your Liebster Award blog post
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions given to you
- Create 10 questions for your 5-10 nominees to answer (unique and creative ones)
- Comment on The Global Aussie’s blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award.
Entries start 1st Jan 2018 and ends on 25th Dec 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
The rules for participating in the 2018 Liebster Award can again be found here: Liebster Award Rules
Couple Travel Tales asked us to answer the following questions:
- What prompted you to start blogging?
We knew early in our relationship that we would be traveling a lot and we were already familiar with the concept of travel blogging. In talking casually about travel blogs, we came up with what we believe to be a great concept/name for a travel blog and saw that no one else was doing it at the time. If the concept was already taken, we may have never started travel blogging. 🙂
- What inspires you to continue blogging?
The positive feedback we receive as well as the fulfillment of helping others live out their traveling dreams.
- What’s the story behind your blog name/how did you decide on the name?
The name of our blog “He Said – She Said” was inspired by the fact that each of us perceives our trips differently and tells the stories in our own way. In our experiences, we always remember certain aspects or events differently or sometimes think they happened on completely different trips. Therefore, we realized that these types of discussions are often classic “he said, she said arguments”; hence, the name of our blog.
- What do you blog about?
Just like all nominees, we blog about our travels. However, we also write heavily about travel tips and tricks because we understand the value travel has on so many aspects of peoples’ lives and we don’t want anyone to miss out on living their travel dreams. We also write about some funny things that happen on our trips.
- Do you have any long term goals for your blog?
We would love to be full time travel bloggers. Sadly, this will only be possible if our blog generates enough revenue to keep us alive and traveling. We are very far from that point, but we are working on other ways of achieving more freedom to travel.
- What’s your favourite hobby other than blogging?
Traveling, of course! When we’re not traveling, we also like to go hiking as much as possible.
- Could you mention one simple way to reduce the use of plastic in our everyday life?
The first thing that comes to my (Ryne) mind is the use of plastic bags in grocery stores. In Germany and pretty much all of Europe, you have to provide your own bags to transport your groceries after purchasing them; otherwise, you pay about 15 cents per bag. In the USA, I have only seen this in California. As one of the largest contributors to global plastic waste, I see great potential in plastic reduction for the United States if this same practice were to become the norm there. Just because grocery stores offer free plastic bags, doesn’t mean you have to use them. Tote bags and backpacks work great! You can also bring freezer bags for your cold items. Don’t want to hassle with bagging everything at the counter? Then put the items back in your basket (which you will be pushing to your car anyway) and sort them at the car.
- How does blogging make you feel?
Stressed yet fulfilled. Blogging and managing a website is a lot more work than most people realize. We’d like to dedicate more time to our blog and get stressed when we can’t or when we feel like it’s taking way too long to upload a new post, but the positive feedback and the fact that we are inspiring/helping others to travel motivates us to keep going.
- What are your top 3 travel destinations?
So far, our 3 favorite travel destinations have been Aruba, Edinburgh and Budapest in no particular order.
- What’s your favourite topic to blog on?
Travel tips and tricks has to be our favorite section. We constantly hear excuse after excuse from people for why they aren’t traveling. The reality is that most people make it more complicated and more expensive than it really is, which is why we like to show everyone how easy and affordable it can really be!
Our Nominees for the 2018 Liebster Award:
Cam on the Geaux is Cameron’s travel blog. Cameron has already been to over 20 countries and posts amazing pictures of her travels on Instagram, as well as on her website. Go check it out!
Traversing Together is Jorge’s and Jackie’s travel blog. With their blog, they aspire to encourage others to step out of their comfort zones and see everything the world has to offer. Go let yourself get encouraged to travel by these two!
Road to Adventure is Sarah’s and Daniel’s travel blog. Sarah and Daniel are two adventurous travelers who quit their jobs in order to explore our beautiful world for one year. On their blog they share their adventures and experiences with you. Go check it out!
Giorgi’s Journey is Giorgi’s travel blog. Not only is she an excellent writer, she also loves exploring the world. She says that her heart is wild and free; it doesn’t belong to just one single place. Get inspired by reading through her diary!
The Haphazard Traveler is Adrienne’s travel blog. She’s been to over 40 countries! Therefore, she loves sharing travel tips in order to help other travelers get the best experience while traveling. Go check it out!
The questions for our nominees:
- If you could communicate with an intelligent life form from another planet, how would you describe the human race to them?
- What is your idea of a perfect world?
- When space tourism becomes a reality, will you be up for it? Why or why not?
- Would you rather possess all of the knowledge known to man or all of the wealth? What would you do with it?
- What do you think is the biggest problem humanity is currently facing?
- Describe your personality as an object (e.g., chair, puzzle, carousel, etc.). Why that?
- Describe your least favorite clothing item in your closet. Why don’t you just get rid of it?
- Invent your own holiday (e.g. World Suitcase Day) and tell us about it.
- Which came first, the traveler or the destination?
- Would you rather be able to travel back in time or forward?
Thanks again to Couple Travel Tales for nominating us! Sending lots of love!